1) What does performing as an artist mean to you?
Performing as an artist allows me to use all of my interest in the fine arts in a way that expresses trauma and aspects of my life I need to work through. I use visual art, music and spoken word to convey these themes.
2) Who are some of your favourite artists/artworks?
My favourite artists include Shawna Dempsey and Lorri Millan, Cindy Sherman, Cecelia Condit, and Ana Mendieta . I take a lot of inspiration from women who make art with feminist themes and subversive means of expressing them (i.e. macabre content and dark humour).
3) Who is your guilty pleasure when listening to music?
Firstly, I don’t believe in guilty pleasures, I like what I like freely and unhindered. But to keep on point, lately I’ve been listening to Beetlejuice the Musical on repeat, I guess?
4) What books are you reading these days?
I just recently finished the Miseducation of Cameron Post, and I’ve been reading Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Ivan Coyote’s Tomboy Survival Guide. I love lesbian literature and vampires, so they go hand in hand.
5) What animal or creature best describes you?
I’d be a Poitou donkey because I’m stubborn, smart, and diligent! Plus they have really big fluffy ears and are so curly and cute.
6) Describe your favourite meal.